Lead Pastor | February 2016 – Present | Sonrise Church | 2751 East Avenue R, Palmdale, CA 93550
Primary preacher/teacher on Sunday Mornings, according to the discerned needs of the church body and community. Casts vision and discerns mission for the church and strategically pursues the mission of the church. Doctrinal and Theological oversight. Operates as chief administrator and chief of staff to carry out the intent of the yearly budget and manage staff members.
Worship Pastor | March 2015 – July 2015 | Life Spring Community Church | 5384 Kazuko Court #B, Moorpark, CA 93021
Training, recruitment, and oversight of all Sunday morning programming teams including, worship, sound, and tech. Train and rehearse the band. Lead prayer, scripture reading, and music team during Sunday morning Celebration service. Preaching and teaching as needed.
Pastoral Team Member | May 2009 – February 2015 | Cornerstone Church of Littlerock | 8533 E Avenue T, Littlerock, CA 93543
- Youth Pastor—Primary shepherd and teacher for 6th-12th-grade students and parents. Responsibilities: preaching, teaching, discipling, counseling, youth service programming, organization and administration of camps and other special events.
- Young Adult Pastor—Primary shepherd and teacher for 18-30. Responsibilities: teaching, discipling, counseling, leadership training, organization and administration of special events.
- Pastoral Ministry Team—Sunday Preaching and Teaching as needed, One week per month shepherding responsibilities including emergency care, hospital visits, decisions regarding church business, counseling, staffing needs, etc.
- Adult Sunday School Teacher—Small group and Sunday School teaching for various adult ministry groups.
- Adult Choir Director—Training, recruitment, and rehearsal of adult choir. Administration and orchestration of choir performances and choir led worship.
Short Term Missions | 2004-present (Chile, Mexico, Los Angeles)
Non-Ministerial Work Experience
- Website Developer | Self-Employed
- Freelance Writer | Self-Employed
- Search Engine Marketer | Self-Employed
- Writing Tutor | R.Rex Paris High School
- Permanent Substitute Teacher | Littlerock High School
- User Support for Customer Service Systems, Sales, Group Sales, Customer Service | Princess Cruises
- Outdoor Education and Adventure Director | Paradise Springs Camp
- Film Marketer | Corem Deo Studios and Proverbs Cinema
Knox Theological Seminary | Summa cum Laude
2014 | MA Biblical and Theological Studies
Sterling College | Magna cum Laude
2010 | BA Christian Philosophy
Antelope Valley College
2007 | AA Liberal Arts
- Proficient with Logos Bible Software (Logos Now, Platinum, since 2012).
- Experience in Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Email Marketing.
- Proficient with Chicago/Turabian 7th edition. Familiarity with other style guides.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Lifelong learner.
APEST Leadership Profile | Apostolic/Teaching
The Apostle Teacher inspires by communicating the need to pioneer new endeavors. The AT takes the time to explain so others understand the dynamics of mission. The AT has a keen sense of systems, particularly the inherent logic of Christianity as a whole. The AT is creative and inventive with words, moving people forward with new ideas. The AT promotes active learning in the process of the mission. The motivation of the Apostle Teacher is the urgency of taking the Faith outward, crossing boundaries of understanding to reach those who need to know. The AT is thus a natural activist-philosopher – ideas serve the cause.
Gallup StrengthsFinder | Strategic, Ideation, Futuristic, Adaptability, Command
People exceptionally talented in the strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues. People exceptionally talented in the ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
DiSC Profile | Dominance/Conscientiousness; Classical Pattern: Creative
People with the Creative Pattern express themselves from opposing behavioral forces. They desire immediate results, yet have an equally strong desire for perfection. They think and act quickly, yet will explore all options before making a decision. Creative styles exhibit great planning ability. They make sound decisions yet may lack attention to interpersonal relationships. Creative persons want the freedom to explore and the authority to test and re-test findings. Daily decisions are easy for them, but they use extreme caution when making bigger decisions. They weigh pros and cons, and usually appear cool.
Meyer’s Briggs | INTP
Tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. Analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. Interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.